We don’t want you worried about the little things and we want you to have no regrets. We have a list of things we want you to consider while you are still in the planning stages of your wedding day. This is a post that is a part of a series. It includes things to avoid as a couple and things to avoid as a groom. We wanted you to be completely ready for whatever the ever-changing and exciting world of wedding planning has to throw at you. Take a look at the things we have listed here. You may see what you can add to the list of things to keep away from when planning your wedding.
- You do not want to try new skin products too close to your wedding day. This includes lotions, facial cleansers, makeup, and even perfumes. Even if you don’t have sensitive skin, this is not recommended. Your emotions are heightened and your eating and diet may be a bit off. You just never know what your body could be experiencing as you get closer to your wedding day. Introducing new things into the mix that haven’t had time to adjust to who you are can be catastrophic. Anything that you have never tried before should not be auditioning for your approval on or too close to your wedding day.
- Neglecting to delegate simple tasks ahead of time could make for unnecessary wedding stress. The number of things that can frustrate you will grow the closer you get to your wedding day. If it is something that is hugely important to you, start working on it early. If it doesn’t pluck at the heart strings, delegate it as early as possible to someone you know will take good care of the task.
- You want to avoid sweating the small stuff. If it does not have the effect of causing the marriage to not be official, it is small. Let’s say you have been practicing your reception dance routine with your girls for weeks now. But then you see a video of Beyonce’s dancers doing something that you feel would be pretty easy to add into the routine. You have added this move to the perfect place in the song, and now you absolutely love it. You show your girls but one of them cannot get this move to save her life. Now you have a problem and there are only 2 options as a solution. You remove the move all together because nothing was wrong in the first place, or you press your friends to learn it to perfection which singles out the one that isn’t as good as the others. It’s not that big of a deal, and this would be considered small stuff. Besides, if you love the move that much do it by yourself. You are the Beyonce…I mean, Megan thee…I mean the bride.
- If you don’t want it to be obvious that your feet hurt, breaking in those wedding day shoes may need to be a priority. This is not just a tip for the bride, but for the entire bridal party. You already know that every pair of stilettos won’t start to feel tolerable until about that 5th time of you wearing them. So, put those wedding day shoes on and give ’em a spin or two around the kitchen. You don’t have to wear them outside of your home, but maybe stand in them while folding the laundry. Doing your makeup in the bathroom mirror and standing in one spot? Why not stand in your shoes. If you are afraid you will get something on them, cover the top of them with a plastic bag or a towel (but only if you are standing still). You just want to give yourself a fighting chance in those beauties.
- Eating is just as important as breathing on your wedding day. We ask all of our wedding couples to make plans in advance to eat a light breakfast and a light lunch. Your wedding day starts early and will end late, whether you want it to or not. If you wait until the cocktail hour and the reception to eat, you will not be able to fully enjoy yourself or your day.
- When you and your bridesmaids attend fittings, purchase and wear the undergarments you plan to wear underneath your dress. You also want to be sure to ask questions to be prepared when you and your girls return for fittings. Don’t forget to take the actual shoes as well, especially if the dresses chosen are long.
- The absolute best way to avoid having to plan your own bridal shower and bachelorette party is to be sure you choose wedding party attendants who truly have your best interest in mind. Those who are closest to you, will be your strongest support.
So there you have it. These are 7 things we hope you keep in mind while you are going about the planning process for your wedding day. We are here to help, so if you need us schedule a chat. Happy Planning!!!
Until next time…
be sweet & happy planning!
(photo credit: Aneris Photography and Simone Elise Events)
Premier Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Husband and Wife Planner and Event Designer Team Darius and Tish Clay. Simone Elise Events offers Wedding Day Event Management Services, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, and Wedding and Event Design Services for all your Wedding, Social, and Corporate Events. Simone Elise Events caters to Weddings and Events in Memphis Tennessee and surrounding Tennessee areas.
For more about us, visit: simoneeliseevents.com/about-us
Leave a Reply